The safer recruitment workshop builds on the recommendations of both Sir Michael Bichard report following the Soham case and Sir Norman Warner’s report which examined recruitment and selection in residential children’s homes.
It aims to:
- Give participants an awareness and understanding of offender behaviour;
- Identify the key features of staff recruitment that help deter or prevent the appointment of unsuitable people;
- Consider policies and practices that minimise opportunities for abuse, or ensure its prompt reporting;
- Explore the elements that contribute to an ongoing culture of vigilance; and
- Help participants begin to review their own and their organisation’s policies and practices with a view to making them safer.
Please contact Gillian McLoughlin on 01375 486 000 Ext 609 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to book
The workshop is aimed at anyone involved in selection interviews or any other aspect of the recruitment process.