Grangewaters Saturday Opening Times
Did you know we are open on Saturdays?
10am – 4pm from now until the end of October.
On Saturdays you can book birthday parties, private tuition, hire our facilities and have a tour of our site.
We also have a rolling programme of family activity sessions that will run from 11.15am – 12.45pm.
For more information and to book please email Grangewaters@thurrock.gov.uk
Opportunity Thurrock returns on Wednesday 4th October 2017 at the London Cruise Terminal Ferry Road Tilbury.
All secondary schools in Thurrock have confirmed preferred time slots and identified the year groups that you will bring on the day.
Following the success of last year’s event, a large number of exhibitors have confirmed their attendance. We are always seeking more, so if you have a business that you would like to be there, let us know and we will do our best to arrange it.
Education and Employer Engagement Officer
01375 413646 Mobile 07925 845877
Referral Order Panel Volunteers - Now Recruiting
Thurrock Youth Offending Team are currently recruiting volunteers to assist with their Referral Order Panels.
The role includes face to face work with young people and their families to discuss the reasons behind their offending. The aim of the meeting is to put together a contract designed to prevent the young person from reoffending.
Volunteers will be supported by a referral order coordinator at all times.
Volunteers will need to have excellent communication skills and a natural empathy with young people.
Time commitment required is approximately 3 hours, usually on a Wednesday evening, on a rota basis.
Training will be provided and is focused on restorative practice.
Please see: www.thurrock.gov.uk/volunteering-vacancies/current-volunteer-opportunities
Thurrock Education Awards
Celebrating excellence in education
Thurrock's education awards recognise and celebrate excellence in the borough's schools.
There are categories for teachers, head teachers, school teams, support staff and governing bodies that have gone the extra mile in sharing their effort, enthusiasm and talent.
The 2016 winners were presented with their awards on Friday 18 November 2016 at the Backstage Centre, High House Production Park in Purfleet.
Congratulations to all the winners:
- Outstanding early years practitioner – Lauren Arnell, Harris Primary Academy Chafford Hundred
- Outstanding new teacher – Gemma Bosworth, Quarry Hill Academy
- Aspiring leader – Sian Rawson, William Edwards School
- Creative teaching and learning – Neil Moore, William Edwards School
- Education support – Malcolm Wilson, Thameside Primary
- Excellence in English and/or maths – Laura Saunders, Somers Heath Primary
- Excellence in science and technologies – James Pickering, William Edwards School
- Inspiring career opportunity – Frank Thompson, Thurrock Careers Service
- Governing board – Corringham Primary
- Teacher of the year in primary education – Paco Garcia, Belmont Castle Academy
- Teacher of the year in secondary education or post-16 provision – Matt Clark, The Gateway Academy
- Teacher of the year in a special school or alternative provision – Lucy Meek, Treetops School
- Head teacher of the year in primary education – Tony Parfett, Quarry Hill Academy
- Head teacher of the year in secondary education, special education, alternative or post-16 provision – Penny Johnson, Grays Convent High School
- Outstanding contribution to education in Thurrock – Ray Osborne
To watch the Education Awards please see the link - www.youtube.com/watch?v=u6fYayTBk14
See the photos on https://www.flickr.com/photos/thurrockcouncil/albums/72157673885621004